- No monthly service fee
- Free cashier’s checks and money orders
- $1,000 AD&D insurance
With Advantage 55 Checking, you’ll enjoy:
- No monthly service fee. Like our Choice and OTG Checking Accounts, Advantage 55 requires no monthly fee.
- Free cashier’s checks and money orders. Enjoy unlimited cashier’s checks and money orders, without the fees.
- Dividends. Earn interest on the money in your account. See our checking account rates here.
- $1,000 AD&D insurance. Opt in to receive $1,000 in free Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
Rates effective as of June 1, 2019 (except for Christmas Club)
Click here to view the most current consumer fee schedule.
*A minimum $5 balance in Share Savings required to be eligible for Services.
**APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are based on monthly compounding. APYs are subject to change. Fees could reduce earnings. Call 1(855) 878-9378 for terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will the $1,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance cost me?
We provide the $1,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance to all of our members free of charge. Members may receive a form in the mail, allowing them to opt in to additional coverage in excess of the $1,000. The cost is $3.00 per quarter for each $10,000 of additional coverage.
Applying for an Advantage 55 Checking Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member– Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, go to New Members, fill out the Disclosure form, and then choose Next.
Existing Member – Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, click Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1Must be at least 55 years of age and a TruWest member with a minimum $5 membership deposit and continuing balance. Additional minimum opening deposit of $20 for Advantage 55 Checking Account. Subject to change. Visit truwest.org for current rate and fee schedule.