- No fees
- Cash back
- Opt-in packages
- Overdraft forgiveness 2
With Choice Checking, you’ll enjoy
- No fees. Like our OTG and Advantage 55 accounts, Choice is free. No fees, no minimum balance.
- Cash back. Earn cash when you shop at participating retailers with your TruWest debit card.
- Dividends. Earn interest on the money in your account. See our checking account rates here.
- Opt-in packages. For $2/month, earn extra cash back with your debit card or enjoy free services.
- Overdraft forgiveness. Overdrafts happen. Once per year, we won’t to hold it against you.
Choose the Perfect Package
- Log in to your online account and access Checking Change Request Form under the Online Request Forms menu.
- Select Enrollment Request, located in the Choice Checking Benefit Enrollment/Cancellation Options section at the bottom of the form.
- Select the optional package(s) you want. You can choose additional Debit Rewards or Unlimited Money Orders & Official Checks. Then click submit!
- To earn cash back with the Debit Rewards package, simply sign for your debit card purchases, instead of using your pin.
Rates effective as of March 1, 2018 (except for Christmas Club)
*A minimum $5 balance in Share Savings required to be eligible for Services.
**APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are based on monthly compounding. APYs are subject to change. Fees could reduce earnings. Call 1(855) 878-9378 for terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Choice Checking eligible for member referral?
Yes, Choice Checking is a referral eligible account. This means that a referred member may open a Choice Checking Account in order to qualify for the $50 referral reward.3 Please note that the member must also meet all other eligibility requirements.
How do I get cash back on my debit card purchases?
To access your cash back rewards via online banking, log in to your account and select the checking account you wish to view. This will take you to the Account History page. At the bottom-right, you can view a snapshot of your available Purchase Rewards. Click the icon of the reward you wish to activate, or select View all offers to see more. To access your rewards via the mobile app, simply log in and select Purchase Rewards under the main menu. As in online banking, click the offers you wish to activate. After you’ve activated your rewards, your next debit card purchase at the selected retailers or restaurants will earn cash back. Rewards are automatically deposited into your account monthly.
How do I cancel an optional package after I’ve enrolled?
You can cancel an optional package with the same form used to enroll. Log in to your online account, and select Checking Change Request Form under the Online Request Forms menu. Toward the bottom of the form, under Choice Checking Benefit Enrollment/Cancellation Options, check the box for Cancellation Request. Choose the package you wish to cancel and the effective date of your cancellation. Then click Submit.
Applying for a Checking Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member – Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, go to New Members, fill out the Disclosure form, and then choose Next.
Existing Member– Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, go to Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1 Must be a TruWest member with a minimum deposit of $5.
2 Offer subject to change.
3 Offer valid 1/1/18 to 12/31/18 and subject to change without notice. Referred and referring members must be at least 13 years of age. The referred member must open a membership, an online banking account and at least one qualified account between 1/1/18 and 12/31/18 for both members to receive the $50 payout. Qualified accounts include: Auto and Recreational Vehicle loans, Choice Checking, Visa® credit card, business checking or loan, CD, IRA or money market.Referred member must meet account and membership eligibility requirements. A minimum deposit of $5 is required to become a member. The referred and referring members cannot begin memberships on the same day. Referral process must be completed in online banking using a referral code. Referrals limited to five (5) per member, per calendar year. An individual cannot be referred more than once, even if they open multiple memberships. Only the first membership opened is eligible for a payout.