- No monthly service fees
- Cash back offers on debit purchases
- Overdraft forgiveness 2
With Choice Checking, you’ll enjoy
- No monthly fees. Like our OTG and Advantage 55 accounts, Choice Checking has no monthly service fee.
- Cash back offers. Earn cash back when you shop at participating retailers with your TruWest debit card.
- Dividends. Earn interest on the money in your account. See our checking account rates here.
- Overdraft forgiveness. Overdrafts happen. Once per year, we you can get that pesky overdraft fee reversed.
Rates effective as of June 1, 2019 (except for Christmas Club)
Click here to view the most current consumer fee schedule
*A minimum $5 balance in Share Savings required to be eligible for Services.
**APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are based on monthly compounding. APYs are subject to change. Fees could reduce earnings. Call 1(855) 878-9378 for terms and conditions.
Applying for a Checking Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member – Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, go to New Members, fill out the Disclosure form, and then choose Next.
Existing Member– Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, go to Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1Must be a TruWest member with a minimum $5 membership deposit and continuing balance. Additional minimum opening deposit of $20 for Choice Checking Account. Subject to change. Visit truwest.org for current rate and fee schedule.
2Offer subject to change.