The physical and financial wellbeing of our members and staff is our first priority. If you have been impacted by the recent weather event in Texas, please review the important information and resources for assistance below.
Loan Assistance or Low-Interest Rate Loan Programs1
In order to see what type of loan assistance or low-interest rate loan program is available or what you may qualify for, please contact us at (512) 252-6045, toll-free at 1 (833) 932-1853 (M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM MST), or email LoanAssistance@truwest.org.
Other emergency relief resources
- COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- For warming center locations, visit Texas Division of Emergency Management. If you plan on visiting a center, please call to confirm availability before you get on the road as resources are limited in many areas.
- For information on road conditions, visit Drive Texas.
- For general assistance, food access, and other non-emergency needs, call 2-1-1.
- In case of a health emergency, please call 9-1-1.
- The City of Austin has set up a shelter and cold weather assistance hotline at (512) 305-4233.
- If a water line breaks and you are not able to shut off the water, call Austin Water’s 24-Hour Emergency Hotline at (512) 972-1000, option 1.
- FOOD AND NECESSITIES
- Central Texas Food Bankhas created an online map and search tool to locate access to groceries, hot meals, and meals for children.
- Help-At-Home Kits.CapMetro’s MetroAccess clients can request free delivery to their doorstep of a Help-At-Home kit that includes shelf stable items such as vegetables, fruits, beans, soup, tuna, and peanut butter.
- Central Texas families needing child or adult diapers can find a list of distribution sites at Austin Diaper Bank. This organization’s site also lists many other helpful resources.
- UTILITY SERVICES
- For the latest information and news about Austin utilities, visit Austin Energy.
- For the latest information about the City of Austin Utilities Payment Centers, including temporary closures, visit HERE.
- Residential and commercial utility customers can contact the Customer Care Contact Center at (512) 494-9400 or email email@example.com any questions. Options include emergency assistance, special payment arrangements, and discounts according to income guidelines.
- COVID RELIEF
- For updated information about our Covid-19 updates, including branch updates and guidelines, please click HERE.
If you have any questions about your situation, we’re here to help. Please visit our Contact Us page for more information.
1For qualified members only. Loans are subject to credit approval. Some restrictions may apply. Speak to a Representative for further details