- Learn money management skills
- Avoid risk of overdraft
- Reload your card at any time
- Use anywhere Visa® is accepted
Should I get a prepaid debit card?
Prepaid debit cards are perfect for lots of situations. Below are just a few:
- Teens. Teach your teen budgeting skills while giving them the freedom to make their own purchasing choices. You can monitor their expenses and reload their card from your online account.
- College students. If your child is away at college, a prepaid debit card is a great way for you to transfer funds to them for everyday purchases.
- Opportunity Checking. If you have an Opportunity Checking Account and want greater flexibility, order a prepaid debit card.
- Money management. A prepaid debit card can help you manage your spending and avoid overdraft fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a TruWest member to purchase a prepaid debit card?
Yes. You must have a TruWest savings or checking account from which to withdraw the initial amount to be placed on the card.
How much does a prepaid debit card cost?
A prepaid debit card can be purchased for just $5.00.
Is there a fee for using my prepaid debit card?
There is no fee for using your prepaid debit card for everyday purchases. For additional fee information, log in to your online account and access the Reloadable Prepaid Debit Card form under Online Request Forms. From there, view the full agreement.
How do I add funds to my prepaid debit card?
You may add funds, track spending or maintain your card at cumoney.com.
What if I need to replace my prepaid debit card?
You can have a lost card replaced for $5.00. If the card is damaged prior to its expiration, you may have it replaced for $3.50. Expired cards are reissued for free.
Apply for a Prepaid Debit Card
LoginLog in to your online account
Select Reloadable Prepaid Debit CardUnder the Online Request Forms menu, select the Reloadable Prepaid Debit Card form
Enter InfoEnter your personal, security and funding information
SubmitThat's it! Just click "Submit"
1 Must be a TruWest member with a minimum $5 deposit. Must have a TruWest checking account.