Bite of Reality®
Bite of Reality® is a hands-on, app-based simulation that gives teens a taste of real-world financial realities. Participants are given a fictional persona including occupation, salary, credit score, spouse and a child, debt, and medical payments. They then visit various “merchants” to “purchase” items from housing and transportation to childcare and groceries. When the get in a bind, the credit union is there to help counsel them on their decisions and coach them to purchases that better fit their budget.
Why you should attend:
- Teaches basic money management in a safe, fun setting.
- Creates an understanding of budgeting and wants vs. needs.
- Introduces the next generation to the benefits of credit unions.
A few more good things to know about Bite of Reality®:
- Bite of Reality® financial simulations are provided by TruWest Credit Union.
- Available to schools and organizations that serve individuals in the Phoenix Metro area.
- To learn more about hosting an event at your school or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org