- Free Amazon eGift Card2
- Free Starbucks eGift Card3
- No paper
- Overdraft forgiveness4
- Mobile convenience
With OTG Checking, you’ll enjoy:
- Free eGift. Get a $25 eGift card when you open your account and enroll in eStatements.
- Your coffee fix. We’ll send you a Starbucks eGift card for your one-year account anniversary.
- No paper. Access your statements at any time online or on your mobile device.
- Overdraft forgiveness. Overdrafts happen. Twice a year, we promise not to hold it against you.
- Mobile convenience. Apply for accounts, pay bills, deposit checks and more with our mobile app.
How to Get Your Free $25 Amazon eGift Card
- Open an OTG Checking Account. You must be 18-29 years old and a TruWest member with a minimum $5 deposit to qualify.
- Enroll in online banking. Log in using your member number as your username and the last four digits of your social security number as your password.
- Activate eStatements. Log into your online account, and select “eStatements” from the “Additional Services” menu.
- Check your email! Within 30 days, you should receive an email with a link to redeem your Amazon eGift Card.
Rates effective as of March 1, 2018 (except for Christmas Club)
*A minimum $5 balance in Share Savings required to be eligible for Services.
**APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are based on monthly compounding. APYs are subject to change. Fees could reduce earnings. Call 1(855) 878-9378 for terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am not 18-29 years old?
For those who aren’t 18-29 years old, TruWest offers the Choice Checking Account. Members ages 55 and better can qualify for an Advantage 55 Checking Account as well.
What happens if I have an OTG Checking Account and I turn 30?
Your OTG Account will be automatically converted to a Choice Checking Account.
Why haven't I received my $25 Amazon eGift card?
Account holders must be 18-29 years old and have a valid email address. In addition, they must enroll in online banking and sign up for eStatements before they will qualify. After the member enrolls in eStatements, they should receive their eGift card via email within 3-4 weeks. Please be sure to check your spam box. If all of the requirements are met and you haven’t seen your eGift card, please give us a call at (855) 878-9378.
Why haven't I received my $10 Starbucks eGift card?
Account holders must be 18-29 years old and have a valid email address. In addition, they must have had at least three transactions on their account within the month prior to their one-year anniversary and have not used their annual overdraft forgiveness. Please allow up to 60 days to receive your email. If all of the requirements are met and you haven’t seen your eGift card, please give us a call at (855) 878-9378.
How do I enroll in online banking?
To log in to online banking for the first time, use your member number as your username and the last four digits of your social security number as your password. After you log in, you will be asked to change your login information.
Applying for a Checking Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member– Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, click New Members, fill out the Disclosure form and click Next.
Existing Member – Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, click Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1 Must be 18 to 29 years old and a TruWest member with a minimum deposit of $5. Must enroll in eStatements through Online Banking within 30 days of account opening. OTG Checking Account will be converted to a Choice Checking Account 30 days after member opts out of eStatements. One OTG account per individual.
2 Must meet account eligibility requirements to qualify. One eGift card per individual.
3 All accounts must be in good standing to receive annual eGift card. Must have at least three transactions in the past 30 days to be eligible and have not used overdraft fee forgiveness within the calendar year. Offer subject to change.
4 Offer subject to change.