- Free membership
- Kids rewards program
- $5 deposit covered by TruWest1
- For youth under 18 years old
Wild About Savings
When you visit a branch to open a Youth Savings Account for a child under 13 years old, they will automatically be enrolled in the Wild About Savings rewards program for kids:
- At account opening, your child receives a wallet with their own stamp card.
- Your child earns one stamp for each deposit they make into their savings account2.
- Each stamp earns a sticker or temporary tattoo.
- Six stamps earns a tote bag filled with fun activities.
- Twelve stamps earns a giraffe plush bank3.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my child need a TruWest membership with a $5 deposit to open a Youth Savings Account?
Good news! Your child’s Youth Savings Account will solidify their membership in the Credit Union, and their $5 deposit is on us.1
What happens when my teen turns 18?
Members 18 and older that were subscribed to the MyMoney blog will no longer receive monthly updates. However, we encourage our young adult members to take advantage of our OTG Checking Account benefits!
Apply for a Youth Savings Account
Before completing an account application, you’ll need to have the following information handy:
- Personal information (name, address, ID number)
- Employment and salary information
- Social security number
ApplyStart the process by applying for an account.
New Member– Complete New Member FormIf you are not a member, go to New Members, fill out the Disclosure form, and then choose Next.
Existing Member – Complete Account ApplicationIf you are already a TruWest member, go to Existing Members, and follow the on-screen instructions to continue to the account application. You can also apply through the mobile app by selecting Apply for an Account/Loan in the mobile app menu.
Choose AccountsComplete the account application, including selecting your desired accounts.
1Offer valid 1/1/2020 to 12/31/2020 and subject to change without notice.
2Limit one stamp per day.
3Limit one giraffe plush bank per member.