Frequently Asked Questions
  • Which set of numbers on the bottom of my check is my checking account number?

    Your checking account number is the last series of numbers at the right, beginning with zeros.

  • Is my member number the same as my account number for my Share Savings Account?

    Yes, your member number matches your Share Savings Account number. Any other accounts you open with TruWest will have a different suffix number and will not change your member number.

  • Where can I find my member number?

    Your member number can be found on the welcome letter you received at the time of membership. If you cannot locate this letter or have not received it, please contact us at 1 (855) 878-9378 or at ebranch@truwest.org.

  • What is the routing number for TruWest Credit Union?

    TruWest’s routing number, also sometimes called a transit or ABA number, is 322173055.

  • Can I join TruWest?

    Yes! TruWest Credit Union is open to the community, and membership eligibility is based upon geographic area or employment. View our eligibility requirements for details.

  • How do I enroll in online banking?

    Enrolling in online banking is easy. Visit our Enroll Now page to find out how.

  • How can I log into online banking?

    You can sign into your online banking account from any page on our site. Simply use the LOGIN button and enter your username and password.

  • What if I need additional assistance?

    For login help and additional technical support, please contact us.

  • What is TruWest’s mailing address?

    Please reference the list below for the department/address you need:

    Closed-End Loans (Signature and Auto)
    PO Box 78637
    Phoenix, AZ 85062-8637

    Personal Credit Line/HELOC LoanPay-Off Mailing Address
    PO Box 3489
    Scottsdale, AZ 85271-3489

    2190 E. Elliot Rd., Ste. 310
    Tempe, AZ 85284

    Visa Credit Card
    PO Box 78637
    Phoenix, AZ 85062-8637

    Title Address
    PO Box 277938
    Sacramento, CA 95827-7938

    Mortgage (Midwest Loan Services)
    TruWest Credit Union c/o Midwest Loan Service, Inc.
    PO Box 188
    Houghton, MI, 49931-0188

  • What are your Financial Service Center hours and directions for the nearest Financial Service Center?

    Please visit our locations page for a list of our Financial Service Center locations and hours.

  • What are the hours of the Contact Center?

    Our main office Contact Center is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. MST (Monday-Friday). Contact Us.

  • Where can I find a list of rates & fees?

    Click these links for all consumer fees and business fees. Click here to view our full rate schedule.

  • What is the monthly fee for a checking account?

    We offer three different checking accounts. You can compare accounts here.

  • What is the daily limit for transactions?

    The daily limit for both personal and business debit cards is $3,500 per day on PIN-based transactions—also known as point of sale (POS)—and $3,500 on signature-based transactions (or debit cards processed as credit). A merchant is allowed to complete a transaction using both PIN and signature-based transactions totaling up to $7,000, but not to exceed $3,500 individually. A $500 limit is placed on withdrawals from an ATM daily.

  • Can I transfer funds to or from another financial institution or brokerage account?

    Funds transfer allows you to conveniently transfer money online between accounts at more than 23,000 banks, credit unions and 85% of brokerage houses. To set up your funds transfers in online banking, sign in and click Funds Transfers.

  • What information do I need to receive a wire transfer into my TruWest account?

    The following information is needed to have funds wired to your TruWest account:

    • The routing/ABA/Swift number: 322173055
    • Your account number: membership number for savings or account number for checking
    • TruWest’s address: PO Box 3489 Scottsdale, AZ 85271
    • TruWest’s phone number: 1(855) 878-9378
  • How do I wire money from my TruWest account?

    To setup an outgoing wire transfer, contact us or stop by a TruWest Financial Service Center.

    The fee for a domestic wire is $20 (Received in 12-24 hours)

    The fee for an international wire is $40 (Received in 24-48 hours)

  • Can I order or reorder my checks online?

    You can reorder your checks through Harland Clarke. Please note, you will need the account number located at the bottom of your check when placing your order.

  • How often can I change my password?

    You can change your online banking password under My Profile at any time. It is recommended that you change it every six months.

  • What if I forget my password?

    Click here for assistance.

  • What if I continue having problems logging in?

    Please Contact Us and have as much error information ready as possible.

  • What is mobile deposit or eDeposit?

    Mobile deposit and eDeposit are remote services that allow you to deposit checks directly into your account from your smartphone, home or office. Mobile deposit and eDeposit are cost-effective alternatives to mailing a deposit, traveling to one of our Financial Service Centers, utilizing a Shared Branching office or visiting an ATM.

    To make a mobile deposit, download our mobile app and sign in to online banking.

    To make an eDeposit, use the Internet and a scanner for both business and personal checks you wish to deposit. In Additional Services in your Online Banking account.

    Mobile deposits and eDeposits are not available within the first 30 days of membership and there is $5,000 daily deposit limit and $30,000 monthly deposit limit. Check holds may apply.

  • Why did I get a tax form in the mail?
    • If you opted to receive eStatements in lieu of paper statements, you may still receive a tax form by mail. Some of these exceptions include IRA tax forms, which are mailed directly from our IRA custodian, and some first mortgage statements.
    • Dividends Paid: If you earned $10 or more in dividends from a non-IRA you will receive a 1099INT, which is mailed by the end of January each year.
    • Interest Paid: If you paid interest on a first mortgage or on a home equity/second mortgage, you will receive a 1098 in February. We do not send tax statements for any other loans.
    • IRAs: If you made any distributions, you will receive a 1099R or 1099Q (Coverdell Education IRA) in February. Likewise, if you made a contribution to an IRA, you will receive a 5498E in late May or early June. This form is mailed later because you have until April 15 of the current year to make a contribution for the previous tax year.
  • How do I make a payment using a non-TruWest Account?

    If you would like to make a payment using your non-TruWest checking account, you can simply visit our new payment link HERE, or you can continue using the Pay My Loan link under Move Money in online banking.

    • If you have a recurring payment, do the following:
    1. Log in to your TruWest online banking account.
    2. Select “Pay My Loan” under Move Money.
    3. Select an eligible autopay loan (All eligible loans for recurring payments will appear) and click the Setup AutoPay button.
    4. Enter your payment information, your ‘pay from’ account and frequency, and confirm.

    Note: These payments can be made to TruWest loans, including mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, personal loans and home equity loans. Payments made to TruWest loans serviced by MidWest Loan Servicing (MLS) are not impacted. Please continue to make payments to MLS the same way as you do today.

    You can also call 1(855) 878-9378 to make a payment over the phone. A processing fee may apply.

  • How do I rush a loan payment?

    Usually, payments made later than 2 p.m. (Mountain Time) will post the following day. If you are late on a payment or want to avoid late fees, your best option is to visit your local or shared branching location. You may also contact us to make a payment.

  • Can I use my TruWest debit card to make a payment to my TruWest loan?

    Payments cannot be made directly from your debit or credit card, but can be made from your TruWest account, which is linked to your debit or credit card

    If you would like to make a payment on your TruWest VISA credit card, auto loan or personal loan using your TruWest account, simply login to online banking, click “Make a Transfer” under the Move Money tab; under “From” select the account you would like to make the payment from; under “To” select your credit card account; enter the amount; and click “Transfer Funds.” If your bill is currently due you can also click “Pay” under loans on the main screen.

    If you would like to make a payment on your mortgage, simply click the Mortgage Loan link and you will be taken to the Midwest Loan Services site for payment processing. Then click the “Make Payment” link in the blue bar to set up your ACH draft information.

  • Are there any fees for making payments online or over the phone?

    Please reference our Rate and Fee Schedule for any applicable fees.

  • What is the Skip Pay program?

    The Skip Pay program gives you a chance to skip one monthly payment per rolling calendar year on eligible loans. Click here for more information and instructions.

  • How do I update my PIN?

    To update a pin on your credit or debit/ATM card, call 1 (855) 878-9378, select option 3

    For verification purposes, our system requires you to call from the primary phone number you have on record with TruWest. When you call, you’ll be prompted through the following steps:

    1. Enter your card number
    2. Enter the last 4 digits of the primary member’s social security number
    3. Enter the 3-digit security code on the back of your card
    4. Enter the card’s expiration date in MMYY format
    5. Enter your new PIN
    6. Reenter your new PIN for verification

    If you have questions or issues, please feel free to contact us.

  • Will my Visa credit card be accepted outside of the United States?

    Visa credit cards are accepted at millions of locations worldwide. Be sure to contact us and inform us of your traveling dates and locations to ensure continued card service.

  • Will I need a PIN for my credit card?

    In most cases, you will be able to authorize credit card transactions with a signature. When traveling abroad, you may be required to authorize transactions using a PIN. If you do not know your PIN, you can update it by contacting us.

  • What if my question wasn’t answered?

    Please contact us 24/7. We look forward to serving you.

  • Can I qualify for a loan with Social Security or investment income?

    You may be able to qualify for a TruWest loan with Social Security or investment income. Click a loan type under “LOANS” at the top of the page to apply, or call 1-855-878-9378.

  • How do I set or reset my telephone banking access code?

    You may reset your telephone banking access code by calling us directly at 1 (855) 878-9378 during normal business hours. Please note the option to set or change your access code with a representative will not be available outside of normal business hours or on the weekend.

  • How do I change my address?

    You may update your address by logging into your online account, selecting My Settings in the top right corner and editing your Contact Information. You may also change your address at one of our Financial Service Centers or by sending us a signed request with your name, prior address, new address and all affected member numbers. Written requests may be faxed to (602) 629-2085 or mailed to:

    TruWest Credit Union
    PO Box 3489
    Scottsdale, AZ 85271

    Emails can be sent to: Onlineservices@truwest.org as well.

  • How do I notify TruWest I will be traveling?

    Submitting a travel notification can help minimize the chances of your debit or credit card being blocked or flagged for unusual activity. To submit a travel notification, first log in to your online account. Under the Online Request Forms menu, select Travel Notification. Add all relevant card information, travel dates, location you’ll be traveling to and contact information. Then, click Submit.


As a reminder, our branches will be closed on Monday, June 19th in observance of Juneteenth. We will be open our normal hours on Tuesday, June 20th.